Become an Au Pair in the USA!

Experience life in the USA and spend 12 months living with an American Host Family in a paid childcare role.

As an Au Pair, you will become part of an American family and are considered a member of the family such as big sister or brother. One great part of the Au Pair programme is that the Host Family provides you with everything you need. Au Pair duties are related to childcare.

Becoming an Au Pair is a great way to gain valuable international travel and global experience. You will gain skills that will benefit you through your career, such as flexibility, leadership, independence and self-confidence.

All of our Host Families are pre-screened by local representatives, making this a safe and most affordable way to travel and live in United States.

What are the benefits of our Au Pair Programme?

  • Free round trip flight to the United States from your home country (your free return flight is based on a successful 12 months programme completion)
  • Earn over USD 10 000 for the year, with all accommodation (private room) and meals included
  • Medical insurance included
  • Two weeks paid holiday, 1.5 days off per week and 1 weekend off per month
  • Receive up to $ 500 or $ 1000 (based on your programme) tuition allowance to study in an accredited US post-secondary institution (as required by US government)
  • The opportunity to travel for 1 month in the USA at the end of your successful placement
  • Become more independent and self-confident
  • Make new friends from around the world
  • Continuous support during your programme, including 24 hours a day, 7 days per week emergency support
  • Help with every step of the way
  • Our partner agency based in USA will sponsor you on a J-1 Visa, which is the only legal way for Au Pairs to go to the United States

Who is eligible to be an Au Pair in the USA?

You are eligible to become an Au Pair in the USA if you meet the following criteria set by the United States Government:

  • Aged 18-26
  • Be available for full 12 months cultural exchange programme
  • Have previous childcare experience and can provide two references for non-family related childcare
  • Hold a full driving license
  • Have secondary school exams (GCSEs or equivalent)
  • Have no criminal record and can get a recent, enhanced DBS check in advance of travel
  • Are in good health

Ready to take the next step?

Register to become an Au Pair